Absolut Vodka Uses Pop Up WiFi For Coachella
Festival culture is here to stay, with Nielsen Music estimating that 23 percent of the U.S. population attended a music festival in 2018, up from 18 percent in 2017, the biggest year-over-year growth of any kind of live music event.
The digital marketing and agency in our company DNA saw pop up WiFi for retailers, festivals, events as an opportunity for our core WiFi Marketing offering which helps brands with customer acquisition and better understand their in-store audience.
Since 2017, GoGoGuest delivers for experiential agencies like This Is MKG to provide pop up WiFi for festivals like Coachella. This particular customer success story talks about how Absolut Vodka’s open house lounge uses pop up wifi to better understand their audience at the festival and beyond.
Pop Up WiFi Is Essential At Festivals
The Coachella Valley Music Festival is an annual event which started in 1999, that attracts over 250,000 festival music goers to the Coachella Valley in Indio, CA. The festival plays hosts to musicians from a wide variety of genres including pop, rock, indie, hip-hop, electronic and dance music.
When there are consumers, rock bands and musicians there are sponsors. Abosolut Vodka is a major sponsor of the festival’s two-weekend stretch. During the festival, Absolut hosts a themed open lounge with full bar, dance floor and a space that is both cool, chill and fun for its thousands of vodka consumers.
- An easy to install and manage pop up WiFi service for the duration of the festival.
- Offer a branded pop WiFi service and experience that mirrors the lounge tent experience or theme for that year.
- Capture and collect, customer data with permission (and make it easy for them to opt-out, should they choose to).
- Collect real-time customer journey and insights that include a range of data sets from applications visited and downloaded, frequency of visit, length of visit, mobile device type and more.
How GoGoGuest helps:
We love delivering for Absolut Vodka and Coachella. Besides being a super fun event, we love how Absolut Vodka and This Is MKG is hyper-focused on elevating the customer experience for their audience. There are no stones left unturned!
- GoGoGuest provides pop up WiFi pre-production support by working with the This Is MKG team and understanding the goals, theme for any given Coachella year.
- Implement a fully branded pop up wifi captive portal experience with the design team at This Is MKG
- Partner with the technical team on onsite installation and logistics.
- Integrate with Absolut Vodka’s CRM (we funnel data and insights live to Absolut!)
See what is possible.
This is our third-year partnering and delivering for This Is MKG and the Absolut Vodka team.
- At our most recent Coachella, over 8,000 consumers gave permission while at the Absolut Vodka Coachella guest lounge.
- Real-time pop up store data is streamed to Absolut Vodka’s CRM pipeline and specific ad campaigns. This makes it easier for Absolut to encourage repeat visits back to the lounge.
- Understanding customer preferences and applying insights at every campaign converts to a successful brand experiential event.
What is next: Here is where GoGoGuest can help your pop up programs and plans.
- Provide your team and guests with fast and easy to install pop up WiFi for the duration of your pop up.
- Grow your customer lists.
- Use your pop up data to inform current and future digital marketing programs.
Don’t take our word for it. We encourage you to dive in and dig deeper. Have you read The WiFi Marketing Playbook? Produced by the GoGoGuest team, it offers actionable next steps and best practices on how to implement these actionable storefront marketing strategies from growing your customer list, customer engagement to growing customer loyalty that drive value.