Measure Pop Up Success With Data And Insights
Today’s customers value experiences as much as (if not more than) things. Therefore, they’re buying based on how you make them feel, not just on what you have to offer. This experience-over-things mentality has contributed to the rise of the pop-up, specifically the pop-up’s popularity with brands, event marketers and experience creators. Read on to learn how to measure pop up success using data and insights.
For brands that are investing in pop-up stores, it’s important to know and measure pop up success. With digital resources that capture in-store customer engagement and footprint, brands, agencies and event marketers are able to effectively measure the success of pop-up stores and experiences.
How DTC Brands Measure Pop Up Success
For DTC brands, data and insights is key to knowing where, what and when to sell to their audience and customers
Last June 2019, Dogville hosted a ‘pup-up’ experience; a unique, interactive play space for dogs and dog-lovers in New York’s buzzy SoHo neighborhood. With an indoor dog park, a ‘destroyable’ living room, a food bar for pups and a puppy spa, Dogville created an experience only for dogs, as the agency who created the concept saw a “sharp increase in spending on our furry best friends” within the last year.
Measure pop up success by keeping track of foot traffic engagement by day and time of day
The ultimate way to measure pop-up success is foot traffic conversion to the venue or physical retail experience space. Brands drive traffic to their pop-ups organically through content, influencer marketers and by buying ads and re-targeting from different channels including Instagram, Facebook and Google.
With GoGoGuest, brands can measure ad and social media conversion at the physical retail level through:
- Conversion using guest WiFi amenities combined with foot traffic counting and other merchandising sensor technologies
- Understanding frequency of visit and dwell time
- Real-time customer journey insights within the pop up space
QR code web sign ups for raffles in-store
Measure pop up success with access to first-party data
By digitizing the pop up experience, This Is Dogville was able to capture first-party data which funneled directly to a customer relationship management data base. This proved to be valuable to the organizers and sponsors.
Here are the key benefits:
- Access to first-party data made it possible for This Is Dogville to glean demographic and geo-location insights for audience re-targeting.
- Personal preferences and customer surveys enabled in-depth customer journeys across brands and sponsors.
- In-store customer journeys and merchandising dwell time was useful in terms of floor plan and merchandising design for future pop ups.
See what is possible.
Measure pop up success by sending smart email campaigns
Each digital touch point like Guest WiFi, QR Codes and iPad devices for survey entries offered opportunities for This Is Dogville to create and send smart automations or triggered email messages.
Since the pop up ran for 30-days, there was plenty of opportunity to re-target triggered emails based on demographics and behavior. Dogville saw 18% repeat visitor conversion from a combination of smart email campaigns and social media ads.
What is next: Here is where GoGoGuest comes in as a source for your pop up’s digital touch-points:
- Pop up WiFi marketing is painless and easy to install. It provides an essential infrastructure needed by pop up experiences, in addition to the benefit of capturing first-party data with permission.
- Capture and learn insights from in-store journeys, dwell time and repeat visits to help with future site selection, merchandising and pop up promotions programming.
- Create a seamless in-store and online shopping experience for your pop up.
Don’t take our word for it. We encourage you to dive in and dig deeper into using data and insights to measure pop up success and more. Have you read The Customer Engagement Playbook? Produced by the GoGoGuest team, it offers actionable next steps and best practices on how to implement these actionable full cycle marketing tips from creating awareness, customer engagement to growing customer loyalty that drive value.