The Customer Engagement Playbook
Attracting and engaging customers for your restaurant, coffeeshop, craft brewery, wine bar, mall or retail shop has always been challenging for brands and businesses with a physical storefront. The pandemic has made digital experiences a lifesaver for traditional storefronts. This free guide about customer engagement offers tips and tools for brands that sell in-store and online.
The Customer Engagement Playbook is a guide written for brick and mortar first brands who want to elevate their in-store experience, while growing their online audience and presence.
Innovation in technology has spurred change in consumer behavior and patterns. Brick and mortar first brands can no longer rely on good weather, an attention grabbing signage and window displays.
A Customer Engagement Guide For Brands That Sell Offline And Online
This guide will show how brick and mortar brands can set the foundation to create a more connected and cohesive customer experience across touch points - from your physical storefront, at each point-of-purchase and your online channels.
Brick and mortar is not dead. Now is the time to set a solid foundation for a connected customer experience across all your storefronts and online channels. Brands and businesses who reinvent themselves to adapt to a post-pandemic world will win.
In this guide you will learn about:
1. Designing brilliant customer experiences
The pandemic has completely transformed consumer behavior – from how we work, how we eat, how we shop, how we travel and more. Reinventing your brand and business to create connected customer experiences is key to your post-pandemic success.
This guide will help you evaluate:
- Are you able to seamlessly access relevant data across systems you already use
- What is your fastest growing customer acquisition channel? What is the cost?
- Do you know the average lifetime value of each customer you acquire?
- Once a customer is acquired, how are you building that relationship? What emotional levers is your brand using to create a long-lasting relationship?
- Is your team ready?
2. Your omni-channel marketing funnel
What is an omni-channel marketing funnel? Omni-channel marketing refers to the concept of providing a seamless user experience across all channels relevant to the buyer’s journey.
Regardless of the point-of-purchase being in-store or online, an omni-channel customer experience asks brands for personalization and relevance.
To execute well, a brand needs three things:
- Accurate and real-time access to relevant data.
- Technology that allows you to bring together large amounts of information into one place.
- A collaborative team environment between marketers and customer teams.
The pandemic has transformed consumer behaviors in 2020 and purchase journey behaviors according to the Global Insights Survey from PWC.
Success is possible.
3. Remove the guesswork with relevant data
To gain an accurate view of your in-store and online customer lifecycle you need good data. Seamlessly and consistently accessible to support your customer engagement channel in each touchpoint.
The Customer Engagement Playbook provides tools to empower brick and mortar first businesses who want to grow online with insights on how to best apply:
- Customer data management tools
- Dynamic customer segmentation
- A/B testing
- Send time optimization
- Data security and privacy
- The Do’s and Don’ts when asking for data
- How to measure KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
4. Customer journey ideas
What is a customer journey, anyway?
A customer journey is the experience that a customer has in each milestone of the customer lifecycle through customer loyalty. It takes into account every interaction across devices and touch points. A few examples of these touch points include your storefront, Point-of-Purchase (POS system or eCommerce), online menu and ordering, third-party applications or your website.
In our Restaurant Email Marketing guide, we talk about customer journeys.
Here are a few customer journey examples that you’ll learn about in the guide:
- Welcome series
- New customer onboarding series
- Introducing a VIP club series
- Growing a franchise brand
- The appointment series
- The win back series
- And more!
Don’t take our word for it. We encourage you to dive in and dig deeper. Have you read The Customer Engagement Playbook? Produced by the GoGoGuest team, it offers actionable next steps and best practices on how to create a balance between digitalization and your traditional storefront experience.