Did you know that email marketing has a huge reach? Far bigger and wider than Facebook.
Social media sites like Facebook have 2.45 billion monthly active users, as of the third quarter of 2019. Facebook is the biggest social network worldwide ( Statista ), yet email marketing has a much higher reach with an upward of over 4 billion users (Statista).
As a comparison, social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube require that a user provides a valid email address to send notifications, authentication and more. This makes sense, knowing that their users rely heavily on their inbox to drive traffic back to their sites?
6 Tips For A Winning Email Marketing Strategy
Focusing on the right metrics will help you analyze and improve your email marketing campaigns. Here is your check-list for a email marketing campaigns that will rock your customers socks!
- Localize your content and automations. Develop a content strategy for your business or local brand. Localization and personalization will show your customers you care. Use powerful segmentation and automation tools to organize your subscriber lists and learn more about your customer groups and what they love.
- Keep it fresh and with feelings. The most memorable automations and campaigns are created with a dash of flair and personality. Remember: your subscribers keep you in their inbox for informative, entertaining or helpful content.
- Recognize your most valuable audience. Across 25,000 subscribers how many are active? Who is the most engaged? Have they bought something recently in-store or online? Overtime your campaigns are no longer a vehicle for simply sending a message. It is an instrument to measure interest and insight into your most valuable audiences.
- Clean up your lists from time to time. Don’t be afraid to remove subscribers who are dormant or ghosts (audience no longer actively engaging with your brand). Clean up your lists and focus on your most valuable customers.
- Test and analyze. Test your subject line, test the content of your campaign and analyze customer engagement. Go deeper than open rates and click-through rates. Take a look at when your top segments open and convert. Which CTAs (call-to-action buttons) are most effective? What are your best open times? Are your customers responding best to a 10% OFF offer or a FREE product? You have a multitude of key metrics to consider.
- Revamp your strategy one step at a time. If you are a marketer of one or two in your company, don’t try to change everything all at once. Make small incremental changes within an achievable timeline.
In this uncertain market climate, everyone is looking for ways to restore and grow their business footprint. Investing in an all-in-one customer marketing and data solution that helps you better understand your customers is top of mind more than ever. Request for more info.
GoGoGuest is a customer marketing and data software subscription solution that helps every business and iconic brand better understand their customers. We are trusted by over 200 businesses and power more than a million customer engagements every month. Our story.