Whether you are reopening your business after surviving a crisis or are opening for the first time, email marketing should be part of your business quiver to recover, start and run your business.
This guide will walk you through a variety of email marketing tools and strategies to help you build a successful email marketing program, without breaking your marketing budget.
Building a successful email marketing program your business or your brand is more important than ever for entrepreneurs and small business owners. There is a problem – most people do not know how to do it right.
9 Tips For A Successful Email Program
The inbox is an important communication channel to reach your customers. 89% of adults check multiple inboxes daily, meanwhile, Facebook and popular social media platforms continue to use email, as a way to verify and communicate with their users.
So why shouldn’t you use the inbox to build and engage your audience? Here are 9 helpful tips to get you started:
- Establish a goal and objective. Before diving into selecting an email marketing platform and crafting your first campaign, it is always helpful to start with a program goal (grow your audience, increase market reach, brand awareness, inform, send rewards and promotions, etc.). Your goal and objective could be a combination – there are no hard and fast rules.
- Ask permission. It is always best to send campaigns to a subscriber list that is permission based. This means, your subscribers gave you permission to collect, store and communicate with them using their unique personal identification, which is an email address. We will cover how to grow your permission based email marketing list in a future guide.
- Keeping your subscriber list fresh. A subscriber list is only effective and will perform well when a series of marketing automations were sent based on a subscriber’s behavior or engagement with your brand. A subscriber who joined your permission based list in 2000 is no longer an active member after years passed without any communications from you.
- Be transparent. Let your subscribers know how often to expect email messages from you. To keep track of your campaigns, it is helpful to create an email campaign program calendar that aligns with the seasons, celebrations, promotions and rewards.
- Be genuine. Your brand’s personality and flair should shine through your campaigns. Email marketing is a powerful channel to start share your brand stories that resonate with your audience segments.
- Experiment. Make room for experiments and testing.
- Clear and concise call to action (CTA). Be clear on what your subscriber will gain by responding to the call to action in your email marketing campaign. Make sure that the call to action is leading your subscriber to the content described and not a 404 page.
- Measure results. In email marketing measuring performance is almost immediate, unless you’re sending to an international subscriber list. The most common metrics include: open rates, none-opens, click-through-rates and bounce rates. Setting metrics to grade a campaign a success or a failure is essential to improve your program’s email marketing performance.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for feedback. Asking your customers for feedback on your campaigns is always inspiring. It tells them that you care enough to really understand their needs.
GoGoGuest is a complete customer engagement and analytics software platform for businesses who sell from physical stores and online. GoGoGuest captures and analyzes existing data streams from Point of Sale systems, eCommerce platforms, Wi-Fi systems, and Third-Party applications to provide businesses with key insights for precise marketing, faster and confident operational decisions and revenue management. Our story.