The holiday season is the perfect time for new and iconic brands to try WiFi marketing to attract new customers and test new markets. Whether your business is a direct-to-consumer (DTC) brand or a global brand, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are big retail holidays to launch a pop up store retail experience.
A successful pop up store or retail experience is not built in one day. It takes months, at times years of planning many aspects to ensure a successful production and ROI. A few obvious ones that we partner on with brands and their agencies would include the pop up’s theme and messaging, selecting a pop up site or location, recruiting resources, building and logistics before opening day. More importantly, there are multiple channels to tap to create awareness for your pop up shop before, during and after.
This guide provides great tips on a customer acquisition channel that is often overlooked as an “infrastructure.” Optimizing your guest WiFi to acquire and engage new and current customers offers so much more beyond providing an amenity or capturing a unique email address with permission.
7 Holiday Pop Up Store Promotion Ideas Using WiFi Marketing
Focusing on the right metrics will help you analyze and improve your email marketing campaigns. Here is your check-list for a email marketing campaigns that will rock your customers socks!
- What is a temporary WiFi service? A temporary WiFi service or pop up WiFi service is internet for your pop up. GoGoGuest offers two types of temporary WiFi service: 1) a no-install hardware and bandwidth package that is as simple as plugging into a power supply 2) full-service temporary internet install and management. The options available for your pop up store is dependent on three factors: location, floor size of your pop up space and duration.
- Brand-focused captive portals. Pop up experiences are about a brand’s flair and personality. Captive portals are an awesome way to extend your brand’s experience the moment a guest walks-into the door.
- Offer guest amenities. Different stations or kiosks in your pop up store is about telling a story and engaging your guests. It is an amazing opportunity for your guests to share your brand content in popular social media and video platforms like Instagram, Tik Tok, Snapchat and Facebook. Why not offer a guest WiFi amenity to encourage live streaming onsite?
- Let your guests play and stay longer. Pop up experiences are a great channel to create brand awareness and activate a specific market and audience. It is also an incredible opportunity to learn from your customers and experiment different ways to engage, be memorable and turn first time visitors into rabid fans of your brand.
- Let the data do the work for you. With temporary WiFi service by GoGoGuest, you have the opportunity to learn about real-world customer journeys like – average dwell time, the most popular kiosk, total # of walk-ins vs. number of advanced ticket purchases and more!
- Activate new customers on the spot. Don’t waste a second or a minute by waiting till the end of the event to upload your new unique subscribers from the pop up store to send follow up email marketing messages. Automate your activation email message and send it 3 or 5 minutes after a guest check-in. Dependent on variable behaviors, you may even want to send a follow up message to encourage a return visit with new friends!
- Learn from inactive and active data. Temporary WiFi service as part of an all-in-one customer marketing and data platform makes it simple and easy for brands to understand their customers better. Correlating behavior from inactive data with subjective information has never been easier.
GoGoGuest has edited and made updates since this guide was first published in November 25, 2018, The Storefront.
In this uncertain market climate, everyone is looking for ways to restore and grow their business footprint. Investing in an all-in-one customer marketing and data solution that helps you better understand your customers is top of mind more than ever. Learn about pop up WiFi service.
GoGoGuest is a complete customer engagement and analytics software platform for businesses who sell from physical stores and online. GoGoGuest captures and analyzes existing data streams from Point of Sale systems, eCommerce platforms, Wi-Fi systems, and Third-Party applications to provide businesses with key insights for precise marketing, faster and confident operational decisions and revenue management. Our story.