As a consumer you have seen and perhaps used a captive portal when you were hanging out in a coffee shop or while waiting for a flight at the airport. Usually, an email address or zip code is required to connect to a wireless network. Meanwhile, businesses like coffee shops, cafes, bars and restaurants are in the position to offer WiFi connectivity, a space to work and be productive with a purchase and WiFi time limits.
This guide will walk you through the benefits of using a captive portal to grow your business and create opportunities to sell more.
Beyond wireless network controls, GoGoGuest gated WiFi is similar to a microsite. Businesses are able to showcase information about products, services and offerings.
8 Reasons A Captive Portal Is Essential To Your Business
Guest access to wireless networks are offered by businesses of any size. This guide will walk you through the benefits of branding and securing your WiFi network.
- Different types. There are two distinct types of captive portals: 1) focused on 100% growing email lists and number of visits. 2) An innovative and robust captive portal comes with a complete marketing and analytics tool and an option to require WiFi with purchase and set WiFi time limits.
- Why should you require a purchase before a guest can connect to guest WiFi? With limited guest usable space due to the pandemic, maintaining your physical storefront becomes costly. A gated WiFi connected to your POS or is part of a contact-less check-in and ordering is a big win! GoGoGuest offers a captive portal version with WiFi time limits and requires WiFi with a purchase.
- Who collects the payment from a purchase associated with WiFi? With GoGoGuest, 100% of payments go directly to the business’ POS system. Our captive portal comes with a seamless integration with Square, Toast Lab, Revel, Clover and any other cloud POS technology. We can also integrate with other payment platforms like Stripe and PayPal!
- Enforce your guest wireless network policy without the hassle. A WiFi captive portals is a friendly handshake between your business and your guest. If you prefer, it can be set-up with specific time limits and restrictions. These options help a business set clear guest WiFi connectivity boundaries.
- Access to multi-channel forms. A GoGoGuest subscription comes with landing page forms, forms for your your website, your app or an iPad. This feature allows each business to funnel all your email lists into one place vs. keeping your customer lists in your Google drive, your computer or an email account that you hardly use.
- Smart subscriber tags. Each subscriber is automatically tagged when they land in your GoGoGuest dashboard. For example, guests who came through the captive portal are tagged #GoGoGuest WiFi, meanwhile guests who came from your website are tagged #GoGoGuest Web. These tags give you the opportunity to send personalized and specific content to each of your customer groups.
- Access your lists and data any time. If you are not too focused on personalization of your content and prefer to send offers direct from your POS, you may download your lists and data any time. It is as easy as pressing a button!
- Activate and engage your audience. Advanced captive portal technology comes with built-in and robust customer marketing, data and insights platform. Each time a new guest or a previous guest comes back, the system is able to detect that. This is a great opportunity for up-selling, introducing new products or simply asking your customer to give you a like on social media!
- Access to an ecosystem of integrations. Advanced captive portal technologies offer third-party integrations. This is specially useful if you have a multi-location business across many markets, want to create a connected experience for your guests from the moment they check-in, place an order, connect to your guest WiFi and claim a reward!
Businesses of any size that sell from a physical storefront like coffee shops, restaurants, cafes, bars and retailers can optimize systems you already use, elevate your guest experience and gain new opportunities to sell more.
GoGoGuest is a customer marketing and data software subscription solution that helps every business and iconic brand better understand their customers. We are trusted by over 200 businesses and power more than a million customer engagements every month. Our story.