The Lucha Cantina restaurant first opened in 2007 in Minnetonka, Minnesota by founder, Chuck Holcomb. The restaurant brand is not your usual Mexican cuisine offering. At its core, Lucha Cantina is about making fresh, natural, healthy and fabulous tasting Mexican food and drink that does not kill your wallet.
The Lucha tradition and brand experience continues on in their Georgetown, Colorado and Rockford, IL locations. Though a multi-location brand, the company does not operate as a franchise. Each location is independently owned and operated.
When we met Joshua Binning, the owner and operator of Lucha in Rockford, IL he was knowledgeable and aware about the benefits of growing your email lists. Joshua was searching for a better delivery experience for his customers.
This customer story is for businesses and brands in the restaurant category or any business owner who wants to learn how to grow your email lists and send highly targeted email content to each customer segment. Learn how his preparation helped him and Manny weather through an unprecedented health-crisis that has impacted restaurants across the country.
How Smart Email Marketing Helped Lucha Cantina Navigate Change
Joshua Binning started Lucha Cantina in Rockford, IL in 2013. Since doing so, his location like the Lucha in Minnetonka, Minnesota and Georgetown, Colorado immediately grew a following from locals and visitors.
As a tech and media savvy entrepreneur and restaurateur, Joshua is well aware of the importance of growing a customer email lists, nurturing the same and the many solutions available in the market.
We are super lucky that we focused early in growing our email lists and learning more about what our customers want. When restrictions were rolled out due to COVID-19, we were able to communicate and stay connected with our community. – Joshua Binning
The challenge. Joshua wanted a solution that offers WiFi marketing with built-it smart marketing features and a customer experience that is 100% focused on his brand. The winning solution must be extremely easy and user friendly for him and his marketing team to use without the need for extensive training.
The solution. GoGoGuest, a customer data and marketing platform for hospitality, retailers and business services perfectly fits the requirements of Lucha Cantina.
- A hassle-free Business WiFi Service
- A solution that captures customer email lists from a WiFi captive portal, website, iPad device and other landing pages
- A solution with built-in smart segmentation and automation to help Joshua customize Lucha Cantina’s messages
- Powerful email marketing platform with insights and reporting
This is how GoGoGuest helped.
Hassle free business WiFi service with WiFi marketing. What most entrepreneurs who set up a physical storefront like a restaurant, coffee shop, bar, cafe, pop up or a traditional retail store do not realize is that they can optimize their business WiFi service to grow their business. Cloud technology and the internet of things has made it possible for physical objects like hardware to be smarter and connected to the Cloud.
What you gain:
- Eliminate the hassle of not knowing what is going on when Internet service interruption occurs
- Security and monitoring across your WiFi hotspots, this means restrictions can be set for your private WiFi, employee WiFi and guest WiFi to avoid any illegal browsing
- PCI Compliant for your payment system
- Capturing and collecting customer email addresses with permission through a branded captive portal
- Eliminate the expense of relying on an ISP provider or a technician with hourly rates that usually range from $80 – $200 per hour depending on the market.
Built-in smart email marketing. A business WiFi service that comes with marketing? Yes that is correct.
- Growing your email list is not the end of the road. It is the beginning. Lucha Cantina is able to collect email lists from different points of his customer engagement: at the restaurant through guest WiFi, from third-party applications and the website.
- Smart segmentation and automation gives Lucha Cantina the information to learn about their customer preferences and how to best deliver an experience that meets an individual customer’s expectation. What most entrepreneurs get wrong is that having an email list means sending general campaigns all the time. These general campaigns produce some engagement, but a limited % of conversions.
- Every account is fully on-boarded. At GoGoGuest, we partner with each and every customer and take into account every detail that they need to maximize the use of our technology and platform. Our full on-boarding process takes 7 business days per location which includes time to acquire and ship the hardware, full-set up of the business WiFi service, a branded captive portal and 4 branded email templates, automations and segmentations. Each GoGoGuest account comes with access to unlimited campaign sending, unlimited segmentations/automations and a comprehensive gallery of email templates that they can customize at any time.
- Training and customer support. Lucha Cantina relies on the GoGoGuest team for additional training and support, as they see fit. All they need to do is schedule the time.
With one simple business WiFi service with email marketing, Lucha Cantina stays connected with their customers even when their storefront remained close. When restrictions on restaurants due to COVID-19 were initiated, Lucha Cantina adapted by offering limited to go menus and drink-kits. After all, the Rockford, IL community needs to eat and drink healthy, organic and affordable food and drink.
GoGoGuest is a customer marketing and data software subscription solution that helps every business and iconic brand better understand their customers. We are trusted by over 200 businesses and power more than a million customer engagements every month. Our story.